Monday, January 5, 2015

Jairo Ganan y Bata-Klan - El Senor De La Melodia

Happy New Year to anyone and everyone who is reading these simple posts of mine! That's it. I'm not the best at giving well wishes.


I've been really busy over the last 2 weeks, what with Christmas and the New Year celebrations taking place at the same day! Once that was done, I got really lazy for the past few days, which brings me to NOW.


If you weren't aware or didn't attend, I played a massive set together with the popular DJ Selva at the pre-New Years party organized by DJ Sam of Havana KL. I must admit the energy of the crowd that night was really addictive. I might get hooked on the Salsa DJ thing...

Over the course of my continuous research, I've come across many different types of Salsa songs, all with their unique feel and groove. It's not uncommon to find songs by seemingly obscure bands/singers but later on you realize that these guys are big from where they come from - just not (yet) in isolated Malaysia. Jairo Ganan is one such person for me. A quick check on the Almighty Internet yielded nothing much but a Facebook post entitled 'Salsa Stories' brought with it this caption (verbatim):-


"The singer caleno Jairo Ganan recorded this song in 2012. The flavor and the interpretive determination define the sense proposed in each line. The Peruvian pianist Alfredito Linares' arrangement retains the intention of the "hard" salsa for the dancer. Jairo Ganan identifies in its soneos the presence of new places and diffusing the salsa in the city of Cali. The outstanding percussionist Freddy Colorado and the trumpet player Luis Bravo, among others, participate in this recording."

For sure I'll be following this dude's music from now on. Have a listen by clicking on the YouTube link below:-


If you're wondering, I find this song medium energy to dance to, fairly straightforward and not many surprises in the riffs or breaks. I think it kinda sounds similar to the sounds of La Maxima 79, only with a dash more sabor and a few tablespoons on dura. Purely my opinion though. I think this song will be popular with KL dancers. They probably won't know what it is, but they'll enjoy dancing to it, from the relaxed, casual dancer, to the hardcore-heels-on-fire floor burners. I played this during my Friday set a few days before the pre-New years party and I heard it again by DJ Gary last Saturday.

Jairo Ganan should be staple in our dancing scene! Lemme know what you think of this song. Is it in compliance with your groove?



Disclaimer: The views published in the above article are the author's and the author's alone. If readers are not agreeable wit the views stated above, you can bugger-off. The rights are reserved for the written article only, and I obviously don't own the song nor do I own YouTube, so don't be a dumb-ass. This article may be reproduced with permission from the author. If you intend to reproduce this article for the purpose of general mayhem, video proof is required for entertainment and administrative purposes. Unauthorized reproduction or usage of this article may result in prostitution to the full extent allowed by Malaysian law. Thank you for reading this disclaimer.

No comments:

Post a Comment