Monday, May 18, 2015

Edwin y La Fusion Mambo - Novelera

Welcome to the Second Day of Dom's Seven Days of Salsa!

A couple of years ago, I was dancing in Salsa Havana at the Federal Hotel. It was late on a Saturday night and the crowd was slowly winding down. I noticed a Swiss gentleman dancing with a friend of mine, right in front of the bar (if you've ever been there, you know there is a thin strip of floor between the bar and the furniture). What transpires next has inspired me for years after that...

I don't remember the song but I do remember being fixated with that dude's dancing. He had an awesome amount of musicality - hitting every break and grooving every rhythm. Mind you that was during the earlier years of my Salsa but I was so inspired! I never forgot that and I've been working towards that ever since.

Related to this sharing exercise is the fact that my brand of music may not always ring well with the Masses, or the Common Crowd. I tend to look out for amazing grooves in my music, which of course in turn inspires a more dynamic, free-style kind of Salsa dancing. One example is La Fusion Mambo's 'Novelera'. Have a listen by clicking on the link provided below and tell me what you think about it.


Its totally easy to mistaken a set of memorized and rehearsed steps as pure groove, but imagine having no idea of what to do on the dance floor, and then letting the music move your body. Pure bliss.

I'll see you guys on the floor soon!




Disclaimer: The views published in the above article are the author's and the author's alone. If readers are not agreeable wit the views stated above, you can bugger-off. The rights are reserved for the written article only, and I obviously don't own the song nor do I own YouTube, so don't be a dumb-ass. This article may be reproduced with permission from the author. If you intend to reproduce this article for the purpose of general mayhem, video proof is required for entertainment and administrative purposes. Unauthorized reproduction or usage of this article may result in prostitution to the full extent allowed by Malaysian law. Thank you for reading this disclaimer.

No comments:

Post a Comment